Beginners - November 2022 (Page 2)

how to get what line makes error if I run program in terminal

how to get what line makes error if I run program in terminal I might know where It can be generate...
[5 replies] Last: @JLBorges - really neat solution. Adopted ++ (by Geckoo)
Please Help debug, first time serializing into file

Getting alot of bugs, first off, in my output its all 1's when it should be a mix of 1's and 0's, an...
[9 replies] Last: Maybe something like: #include <iostream> #include <string> #includ... (by seeplus)
MACRO question

Hi guys. I have question regarding macro: #define tcp_sndbuf(pcb) (TCPWND16((pcb...
[10 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by Jonathan100)
How do I rewrite my code into classes?

So I recently started learning Object Oriented Programming, and my professor gave me some questions ...
[10 replies] Last: In my opinion, what Herb calls the "interface principle" is really abo... (by mbozzi)
PriorityQueue enqueue and dequeue functions

I have a trying to create a list of patients sorted by their priority of ailments that have been add...
[5 replies] Last: You have two elements in Ailments: sev for severity and time for time... (by AbstractionAnon)
Adding data to linked list

I am trying to add data to a linked list. However when I go to add the data I get an error: "no suit...
[1 reply] : Line 2: You haven't shown the definition of Ailment. Presumably, it ... (by AbstractionAnon)
If statement is not being selected when condition is met

Hi, I am writing a console application that gives the user a list of options to choose from. Viewing...
[1 reply] : Line 17 is while (user_selection). A conditional statement will be co... (by Ganado)
Console Input with std::getline()

Hi, I am currently writing a program that will take in patient information that will determine the p...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much! I can't believe it was as simple as just removing t... (by d3sousa92)
Cannot use constant in class array declaration (1,2)

Windows 11, Visual Studio 2019, C++ In the private section of a class I want an array of a specific...
[20 replies] Last: Assuming that you're installing VS2022 from the official MS site, then... (by seeplus)
need help to find issue in the code urgent!!

Below code my TestLoop class do not work in the code. What could be wrong here? Please help me on th...
[7 replies] Last: My bad, missed the header file. Realised my mistake. Thanks a lot seep... (by denver2020)
All possible combination

The problem is "You are given 3 types of coin, 10, 50 and 100. print all the possible combination th...
[4 replies] Last: @Minionmin, A couple of suggestions: 1. When using C library functio... (by George P)
Why a compiler can't deduce dependent names

Hello, Could someone give me a dumbed down version of why a compiler can't deduce dependent names. ...
[5 replies] Last: Dependent names are names whose meaning depends on a template paramete... (by mbozzi)
how can I copy file from folder to folder with c++

how can I copy file from folder to folder with c++ ? might be system echo smth...
[2 replies] Last: you can indeed use system to use c++ to make a more complex 'batch fil... (by jonnin)
SFINAE test: no output

I wanted to test some SFINAE but got stuck on the fact that the return statement on row 19 is not pr...
[2 replies] Last: Yep, just realized that. My bad. (by jaffe15)
How To Exit from loop with out resrarting app

I have outer while loop and inner while loop Sometimes I Need To Exit from while loop when nessesar...
[5 replies] Last: Input, when handled, stores data somewhere. That data can be used in c... (by keskiverto)
Fold expression not working (beginner example)

Hi, Wondering why this fold expression does not work (args is a parameter pack): (cout << ....
[3 replies] Last: Note that there is a difference between mbozzi's and my suggested code... (by Peter87)
by Geckoo
Static Library

Noob question - sorry for that! I created a static library (.lib) with some basical functions. Cr...
[12 replies] Last: If you hover the mouse over one it should show a warning number and a... (by Geckoo)
by Geckoo
Virtual function (1,2,3,4)

Hello. I have a little problem in order to understand why some functions should be virtual. I read o...
[64 replies] Last: Thanks you everyone for your good explanation which are really interes... (by Geckoo)
November 2022 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [oct2022] [dec2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.