Beginners - November 2022

Array

Hello, I am a bit lost. I was given to try and do this program but I am not really familiar with arr...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all for your help! I think I got the hang of it and actually... (by Krakenvangh)
callback function clarification

Hi. I didn't understand the concept and core uses of callback function(Except making the code more ...
[3 replies] Last: but why not to simply call A inside B? The point of a callback, is ... (by MikeyBoy)
How to write png file from scratch?

Hi, I want to write a.png file from scratch. For example a red 8 x 8 pixel square. Do I need a sp...
[15 replies] Last: I turned the above into a complete sample program. This is my first t... (by mbozzi)
Input values in matrix

how can I manually input values in the matrix like the given matrix below in the code? #incl...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much sir!! :) (by cplus2303)
by Mobo01
fixed length data types

I've read that the size of data types like int might differ between systems. My first question is, ...
[8 replies] Last: Of course you chances of running into a Cray are pretty small unless ... (by seeplus)
How would I fix this compiler error

Im declaring a "College" object like this College DVC("Diablo Valley College"); And its g...
[6 replies] Last: You could declare the function: College(string collegeName, int initi... (by keskiverto)
What does the "n" argument of std::string::find_first_of(cstr, pos, n) mean?

As I understand it, string::find_first_of looks though a string for any character found in cstr ...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=ElusiveTau]I think the documentation and example code on cppref... (by keskiverto)
Initialize union array

I keep getting errors on post. I will build the question one section at a time doing edits after ad...
[9 replies] Last: Its best not as a union. These responses were to this ask: Second: J... (by jonnin)
Reading test data from file

Hi, Please help me with this. I have to write a program that reads test data from a file. Scenar...
[9 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <s... (by seeplus)
unresolved external symbol referenced in function.

Hello, I'm trying to implement a template in to my code so I can use multiple linked lists, all with...
[19 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> template < typename T > struct... (by JLBorges)
Not found in Visual Studio

Windows 11, Visual Studio 2019, C++ I am trying to implement code for RIPEMD-160. The best starter...
[2 replies] Last: Wow! Did not expect a reply so soon. Did not expect anything like tha... (by bkelly13)
Algorithm Analysis

A program that raises a number x to an arbitrary nonnegative integer, n. How can I make a program us...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> double brpower( double x, unsigned n ) { if (... (by lastchance)
Time Complexity of a Recursive Function with a Reducing Parameter

What's the big O notation and how can I calculate it? I'm new to this. Is there a general rule of...
[2 replies] Last: recursion is just a type of loop, you treat it the same way. The pain... (by jonnin)
32 bit signed integer

Hi. I have get_massege function which needs to return 32 bit integer. So i thought about using ...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks :)) (by Jonathan100)
How on earth are these undefined

I literally initialized them in main, and they dont get called until they are initialized so I don't...
[4 replies] Last: To expand on what others have said: lengthUp and lengthDown are de... (by MikeyBoy)
How to structure and document a project to get design help?

I haven't designed many programs and I think a logging library would make for a good project: 1. ...
[1 reply] : Definitely starting a github page is recommended; to distribute your c... (by newbieg)
Binary Search Tree

Read the first line of code as a key Ignore it Read the following as a binary search tree main.c...
[4 replies] Last: What's the key and what's the data here? The input file appears to ha... (by dhayden)
by Ch1156
How do I get my map to work in my class for my inventory system?

So Im just testing out how to use maps for an inventory system and It seems like theres a problem wi...
[7 replies] Last: Ah ok, its supposed to be standalone, thats what was messing me up, so... (by Ch1156)
Function pointer error

I have 2 functions, callFunc is a class member testFunc isn't a class member I can bind a functio...
[3 replies] Last: Have considered std::function? #include <functional> struct Math {... (by kbw)
Copy data from 2D array to 1D array (5 times bigger)

I am trying copy the data from a 2D array with height*width elements, to a 1D array with 5*height*wi...
[5 replies] Last: Still the same error. What I think is happening it's somehow the varia... (by klebermo)
November 2022 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [oct2022] [dec2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.