UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2022

by t im
Can select use ET mode?

Several blogs tell me that only LT mode can be used in select while both LT and ET mode can be used ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry for no references and thanks for your helpful reply. (by t im)
How to merge two partitions by using gdisk

How to merge two partitions, one is system, the lower offset, and the other destroyable content, the...
[3 replies] Last: Lets try analogous C++ case: char disk ; // The disk is an array of "... (by keskiverto)
How to Change ncurses window(pad) size?

Is there a way to change the maximum size of a window in ncurses ?
[3 replies] Last: Sorry been a little busy recently, but basically I meant a virtual win... (by highwayman)
Virtual memory assigned to my program

Hi everyone! I´ve got an application which periodically request for some GB of memory, and after...
[7 replies] Last: The application has been working for several days and the physical mem... (by Alejandro Antonio)
by t im
About pthread_detach()

I'm new to pthread and confused about the code below: #include <pthread.h> #include <iostream> #in...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all your answer. Get it. (by t im)
by helios
Detached threads

If main() returns while some threads are still running, what happens? Does the process simply end, k...
[9 replies] Last: The example on the cppref site is interesting. Thanks ++ (by Geckoo)
  Archived months: [oct2022] [dec2022]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.