Beginners - March 2023

new window form a Win32 API in the program

i wanne open a new window whit a push of a button. ------------------------------------------------...
[4 replies] Last: i add 2 int WINAPI and a callback. and the problem is sloft. (by nvthielen)
by jNc
how to return 2d array?

Know how to return 1d array, can not find solution for 2d array Cant use vector
[12 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> template<typename T> class... (by seeplus)
Mathematical help with midi pitchbend :)

Hey everyone, For an application in Juce framework I'm looking to calculate pitch from a notenumber...
[2 replies] Last: careful, those sounds may be radioactive :) (is bad pun on pitchblend... (by jonnin)
how to pass one element of an array only

Hello everybody, I know how to pass a complete multidimension array to a function, but how can I ...
[5 replies] Last: @allenmaki, you have been given code for 2-d arrays (not that the func... (by lastchance)
Unable to increase the precision in computing square root using bisection method.

Tried to code bisection method to compute square root of 2, till the difference between two consecut...
[10 replies] Last: How many digits would you like? #include <iostream> #include <vector... (by lastchance)
user invalid input

hey guys im trying to make the user to loop only with the option of y/n only if ever the user presse...
[2 replies] Last: now it works thank you (by gabzz29)
by Ch1156
SFML Help (Math calculation help) (1,2)

So im working with SFML and im just messing around with it and learning, and im trying to figure out...
[28 replies] Last: Im trying to just prevent the player from colliding with the square, I... (by Ch1156)
; missing before cout

The following code gives me error "expected ';' before 'cout'. if (select == 'A' || select ...
[7 replies] Last: If you don't already know of it, have a look at: https://www.learncpp.... (by seeplus)
c++ void

there seem have a problem at line line 28,64,66 #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[4 replies] Last: Without knowing the exercise requirements, consider something like: ... (by seeplus)
by jNc
using infinite loop with epoch chrono method to get timestamp, cpu heats up to 90 degrees

Code below: auto miliseconds = duration_cast(system_clock::now().time_since_epoch()).count(); boo...
[1 reply] : Let the CPU sleep for a while on each iteration. https://en.cpprefere... (by Peter87)
Library source code of: sqrt.c

Request some inputs to kickstart into understanding, as what is implied by the code as at: https://...
[2 replies] Last: hmm. Wonder whats in that table. I'd have said shift right half the ... (by jonnin)
by Ch1156
C++ Questions

I'm going to put all my questions about C++ here in this thread from now on so i have a handy and ea...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you for the responses, ive decided to use std:: for now. (by Ch1156)
inheritance confusion

Hi guys, assume I have a parent class which is supposed to be abstract in the sense that any runn...
[18 replies] Last: Besides, what you have shown could essentially be written: #include <... (by keskiverto)
expression

I studied in reference book that Any arrangement of variables, constants, and operators that specifi...
[13 replies] Last: cout is also the expression? how? In addition to what @seeplus ment... (by mbozzi)
brackets

So I'm wondering why i can't use normal bracket when initializing a constructor in my header file? ...
[8 replies] Last: class Sample { int x {42}; int y(7); // error }; int z(3); ... (by seeplus)
Accessing socket that is created in another Class

My project uses this structure: BasexClient.h class BasexClient { public: BasexClient (const ...
[18 replies] Last: Good luck! :) (by seeplus)
passing 2d array as argument

Hello. I am trying to do what seem to be simple task- I have an 2d array and i pass it as argument...
[3 replies] Last: > I wonder what is the difference now? Dunno, I wasn't watching you ed... (by salem c)
Initialize array of arrays

Hey, I don't know how to copy values from an array into an array of arrays, what am i doing wrong? ...
[15 replies] Last: Tx again! (by wimvandenborre)
new/delete exception

This example was intended to throw an exception by allocating more memory than is available, but ins...
[7 replies] Last: > Do you guys really assign a pointer to NULL & back to NULL after del... (by JLBorges)
by Ch1156
Is sizeof useful in modern C++?

Im just re reading through some material and im wondering, is the sizeof operator useful in modern C...
[3 replies] Last: It is required in some situations; for instance for implementing a cus... (by JLBorges)
March 2023 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [feb2023] [apr2023]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.