Build Mesa complain about wrong 32bit Glibc dir

Hi. Trying to build a 32bit Mesa, the process stops with the following error messages:
mklib: Making Linux shared library:  libGL.so.1.2
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glibc-2.17-32bit/lib/libpthread.so.0
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mklib: Installing libGL.so.1.2 libGL.so.1 libGL.so in ../../../lib
mv: cannot stat `libGL.so.1.2': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [../../../lib/libGL.so] Error 1 

If someone read one of my previous threads, I moved my 32bit Glibc dir from /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glibc-2.17-32bit/
to /media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux-32bit/Glibc-2.17/

This created a lot of troubles before and this is just one more. I believe at least one of the countless X11 libraries that Mesa depends on, hard linked the old path to libpthread in the binary, and is now not finding it.

To try to solve it, I rebuild a lot of the X11 libraries, something that caused me a lot of headache, as I couldn't build one of them no matter what. When I finally get through it, I realized that all my effort was in vain, as the problem persisted.

So what are my options now? I can continue this blind trial and attempt process, but I don't even remember anymore all the libraries that I rebuilt, since that was about one month ago.

I could search the binary for the above, obsolete link to libpthread. I could perhaps open the libraries in a hex editor and look for it, but it doesn't look very efficient. Ideally, I would need something like a grep that works for binary files, to automatically search the string in the entire file for me.

Is such a thing possible?

A catch: ldd isn't working for 32bit binary files (as direct 32bit file execution, I have to use ld-2.17.so to run executable files)
Isn't there a package you can install for this? Is there a reason you're building from source?

You don't seem to have clean separation between 32bit libs and the platform default (64bit?).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.