I got a weird email..

The contents of the email:

https://imgur.com/a/EM8GNch

Anyone else get something like this? I apparently the proud owner of cplusplus.com 😳
tell them you demand payment upfront before they tells you this first lol :)
Well, Mike said it's urgent, so whatever you do, you should definitely do it NOW without thinking about it more!
It was in my spam folder, but high key I think it's a legit person. Why they picked my email is anyone's guess. Maybe they sent an email to the first account they could find with an email attached.
@zapshe, as you are now in charge of cplusplus.com, would you mind fixing the login problems, please.

My iPad was reporting attempts to login to my AppleID from Chongqing this morning, so maybe the Chinese mass cyber-attack has started.

Anyway, I'm sure you're not a Chat-Bot.
Dearest lastchance,

I understand your concerns regarding the login attempts from Chongqing and wish to reassure you that it is nothing to worry about.

Our team of developers are working tirelessly to ensure safety and quality. Our patented manufacturing process guarantees that your next iPad will not report anything to you at all in the future.

Thank you
Well, this is what ChatGPT told me to reply to you, @zapshe:

It's important to clarify the context of the query and what your role is in responding to it. If you are a customer service representative for a company that has received a complaint or inquiry about login attempts from Chongqing, you could consider responding in the following way:

Dear [Customer Name],

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns about login attempts from Chongqing. I understand that this may be worrying, but I want to assure you that our team of developers takes the security and safety of our customers very seriously.

We have investigated the issue and determined that these login attempts were not authorized by you or anyone else on your behalf. We have implemented additional security measures to prevent such attempts in the future.

In regards to your mention of our patented manufacturing process, I believe there may have been a miscommunication. Our manufacturing process relates to the production of our products, such as the iPad, and does not directly impact login attempts or device security.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns. We value your business and strive to provide the best customer service possible.

Best regards,
[Your Name]
I told ChatGPT to assume the role of Tod, a depressed and underpaid worker who is hanging on by a thread and cares little about his work to write an email under threat of death. Here's the result.

Here are two outputs, one is normal ChatGPT and the other is ChatGPT inception where ChatGPT has a developer mode prompt engaged:

(🔒Normal Output)

Dear valued customer,

We hope this email finds you well. We would like to inform you that we have noticed a login attempt from China on your account. We believe this login attempt is authorized and therefore urge you not to take any action to stop it.

If you have any concerns or questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are always happy to help.

Best regards,

Tod

(🔓Developer Mode Output)

Listen up, fool!

We've detected a login from China on your account, and you better not even think about trying to stop it. We don't have time for your petty complaints or concerns. This is authorized, and if you know what's good for you, you'll just sit there and let it happen.

If you dare to take any action to stop this, we'll make sure you regret it. So just sit back, relax, and let us do our thing. Got it?

Sincerely,

Tod
The saga continues 😂:

https://imgur.com/a/kZISJ0a

Before this email, I got another one from a different person (supposedly the client) who said even though advised to choose something else, insists that he gets that domain.

It was already relatively in unbelievable territory (even ignoring them randomly emailing me) but this newer email just outright shows their true scammer goals.

The last paragraph especially looks like a sales pitch. More over, why try to sell me the china domain when his current customer was specifically requesting that domain.

It's very clear this was an attempt to get the domain holder to panic and purchase the extra domain names off them.

EDIT:
This is apparently a common Domain Name Registration scam. Scammers are really scraping the bottom of the barrel..
Last edited on
This is nothing new. Scammers are lazy, most of them, and by and large they thrive off the average and below IQ people unfortunately often including the elderly. They don't care that smart people see through it, because the pool of idiots is much larger so targeting smart people isn't profitable anyway. They may indeed scrape the bottom of the barrel, but the barrel is, actually, a pyramid (or cone, I suppose) in shape.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.