Beginners - June 2024

by zzzhhh
Why is const gone in the return type?

template <typename T> const T&& Test(T&& t) { return t; } ...... int i = 0; int&& irr = std::mov...
[5 replies] Last: @Peter87: Thank you for referring me to the relevant Standard. I think... (by zzzhhh)
Convert binary to base 58

I want to convert a long binary number, 256 bits, into a base 58 char array using c code. I cannot ...
[10 replies] Last: I get the same result on those 2 sites (dcode only accepts decimal inp... (by DizzyDon)
by Ch1156
Best way to modify a variable in a class (1,2,3,4)

So whats the best way to modify a variable in a class? Below I have a version that does so through a...
[63 replies] Last: I suggest you look into OOP class design using UML etc. This will give... (by seeplus)
Finding minimum element of a tuple on the basis of first element

Hello everyone, I do not know, if it is possible to find the minimum first element in a tuple wi...
[5 replies] Last: I have a tuple like this : data=[ ( 23, a, 3.78, d), ( 11, x, 5.8, w)... (by seeplus)
by zzzhhh
Which ctor of std::unique_ptr is used, when there is a user-defined deleter which is a function?

Following is excerpted from section 12.1.5 of text "C++ Primer", which contains text and code constr...
[1 reply] : The code calls constructor 3 or 4. When the cppreference page writes ... (by Peter87)
txt file to vector giving wrong values

I'm loading a txt file into a vector using the code I've written below. It works great except for o...
[11 replies] Last: There's a good (and free) set of C++ tutorials and lessons available o... (by George PlusPlus)
by zzzhhh
Why can't assign an overloaded function to std::function?

int add(int i, int j) { return i + j; } std::string add(const std::string& s1, const std::string...
[1 reply] : There is a constructor template and a class template in play here, and... (by mbozzi)
  Archived months: [may2024] [jul2024]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.